Friday, November 25, 2011

A New Normal


Let's just say I am glad to be back at school all the way in Oklahoma.

I did not have an enjoyable thanksgiving to say the least. You see it was our first holiday as this "new" family. So we (meaning my sister and I) spent thanksgiving making my mom and him happy while we were bored out of our minds. The part that really got to me was that we did not do black friday.

Black friday is a tradition my mom, sister and I started five years ago. We download movies from itunes, bundle up and pack tons of junk food to stand outside of target for hours just to get a tv,  gps or whatever it is we want that year. But this year we were having dinner while thousands of others were busting the doors of target.

It is not a huge deal, I guess I will just have to get use to things being different now that my mom is married again. But I am so ever happy to be back at school where I have control. It feels so good. And where I am Zara again. No one back home calls me by my new name yet.

Well I hope you had a good thanksgiving!
-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment