Friday, September 30, 2011

Which way home?

This week was interesting to say the least. It felt good to be back home in maryland.  I had not seen my mom in two months and boy did it feel good to be hugged by her again.  We made this huge scene at the airport. It was hilarious, everyone was looking at us, but I did not care. I was back home.  Later that day we picked up my sister from her boarding school which was about 4 hours away, and yes we did the whole scene all over again.

To my great surprise Everton (my moms finance) decided to meet us in Georgia later that week for the wedding. It was really nice to spend some much needed time alone with my mom. Since I now live in Tulsa where no one really has a sence of style I desided to wait until I got to Maryland to buy my dress.  It felt as if i had never gone away to college just hanging out with my mom like old times.

Once we got to Georgia the dynamics changed, it was all about the wedding. Strangely enough my mom really counted on me to do many of the finishing touches such as checking the reception room, making sure the cake got there and other minor things. All in all the wedding went well.

But this was the strangest part. I was ready to go back to school. I was ready for several reasons. 1) I was tired of being my old name again. My family though they try have not switched over to Zara at all. 2) The mom I knew was no longer there. She had changed. Not in a bad way but different none the less. I had never seen her this happy and care free. I liked seeing this way. I just was not use to it. 3) While we were in Maryland we sold our home. The only home I ever lived in. Sure my mom now lives in Georgia but what about me? Is home Tulsa now for me?

I dont know, these reasons sound dumb now but all those and others I can not explain caused me to ask "Am I leaving home or going home?" I did not even care that much but all I knew was that I was ready to leave. I also concluded that Tulsa is now home...

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment