Sunday, June 26, 2011

Modified New Year's Resolutions

At the beginning of this year these are the  resolutions I set for myself:

1)Spend at least one hour everyday in prayer

2) Do P90x

3) To go out of country

4) Blog at least twice a month so far so good!

5) Finish every book i start

6) Stay true to myself (don't let anyone convince you to compromise your beliefs)

7) Send a secret to PostSecret


So we are half way through the year so I thought it would be a good time to reassess them. Some were things I had been wanting to do for years like to complete p90x or the travel. Others I wrote only a few minuets before the ball dropped. This year is different from all others for me. I go from being a dependent high schooler to a independent college student living half way across the country from my family.  This fact has really started to only in the past few weeks. So with that said I through it would be good to modify my list from the beginning of the year.

8) Make friends at ORU!!! (homeschooling prepared me well academically, socially is a whole other story)

9) Don't get really irritated or annoyed with my roommate (because that will make for a long year!)

10) Tell my dad about changing my name (preferably before I leave in August)

11) I think number 8 was a little vague. Make GUY friends, not just girls

12) Continue to run and work out at school

13) Stop drinking Dr. Pepper! (Its the only soda I drink but I am whiten my teeth, so it has to go!)

14) Learn how to carry a good conversation with anyone. Teachers, friends, guys. Everyone.

Can you tell I am not very aggressive in making new friends? Especially when it comes to talking to guys, even non romantically I just get so nerves its really bad. But I have gotten tired of it so this is the year I improve it!
I think thats all for now, but if I think of any others I will be sure to add them.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment