Sunday, June 5, 2011

Its a Start

Lately I just have not felt like writing. I don't really know why but I have been coming up with every excuse why I can't. It's too loud, I am too tired, blah blah blah. But I finally made myself sit down and write this entry, so here we go.

 I completed my first 5k!!! It took me 36 minuets and I surprisingly placed 7th! The excitement before the race was like none other.  My biggest fear going in to it was that I would be pulled off the course because I had taken too long. The first mile went by fairly quickly. When I passed the mile 1 marker I was so surprised when the guy yells out "10.24 Looking good!". Mile 2 I ran in 12 minuets so by then I had began to relax knowing I would make it before the cut off time. Looking back I could have powered through that past mile more but than again, it was all up hill.


Crossing that finishing line made me feel like I was on top of the world. Who would have thought that me who practices violin for 3 hours a day and has barely played any sports could pick up running at 18?!? But honestly thats what I love about running. This sport is not pregidist against age. Unlike dance or violin where people have to begin at the age of 3, people run their first marathons at 65 years of age and that is just incredible to me. So needless to say, I am addicted to running and I am already looking for either another 5k or a 10k to run next month. My goal is to run a marathon within two years and it looks like I am well on my way!

Well til next time
-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment