Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just Another Dateless Year

I just found an old blog I started before this one. It was actually pretty cute. It was titled Letters to No One.  Anyway I imported them into this blog so everything between February and June 2010 is from the old blog. One of my old writings really struck me.  It was titled "Dear Non Existent Prom Date". Heres what I wrote;

"Well no date this year which = no prom for me. Your the one missing out, not me... even if it goes seem like its the other way around! Don't worry though this time next year I will be writing about an existing prom date. But why did you ask her? Shes so superficial and narcissistic! So what shes cute and short. "fun sized". blah blah blah. I on the other hand stand at a fine height of 5'9 and am awesome! I can also carry an intelligent conversation that is not about me. And most importantly I like you not just because you are physically attractive but because you have a great personality, really fun to be around and you are very respectful to everyone around you. Well hope you have fun this year with Ms. Artificial!"

Needless to say history has repeated its self again.  Obviously when I wrote that entry I was pretty mad.  The nice guys all choose cute little air headed girls to go to prom with.  I just could not understand why no one had asked me.  But this year my frustration with not getting a prom date is not the girl they choose (thats second) its that I feel like I missed out on high school.

I know proms not a huge deal but I started community college when I was 14, finished high school when I was 15 and I am not going to my high school graduation this year. I feel like I went straight from middle school to college and in some weird way prom was going to be all my "high school experience" all in one night.  I wanted that picture of me pinning a corsage onto some guy, him with his arms around me, the whole 9 yards. Some people may be wondering why I cant go by myself. Simply put, I am homeschooled and we dont have a prom. If I had one I would have no problem going by myself but since I dont have one I have to go to someone else. Well I guess that there is always college. Its their loss... Just saying!


No comments:

Post a Comment